Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another Awesome Day

The Lord blessed another day. It was beautiful although cooler. We had a ministerial/state appointment meeting at 10 a.m. and then the afternoon off. Brother Nowling, Brother Bobby and I went for a walk around the neighborhood, while the Mojin's took the Grant shopping for thier overseer's pounding. Then when they came back we went for a drive to area that overlooked the ocean (I'll get pictures posted but I don't know if they'll do it justice). We saw a moose cow and twin calves (one of the calves still had it's umbilical cord). It was awesome they came quite close actually. Got a lot of great pictures of that. We then drove through several neighborhoods to get an idea of the housing. It seems no matter where they build in Anchorage they like to be on top of their neighbors (except mountainside).

We then had a great evening service with Bethel church leading the worship (Bro. Mojin led the singing, Sis. Connie on the piano, Micah on the guitar and Nathan on the flute). Sis. Connie then gave a great BTI boost. Sis. Grant an awe inspiring reminders to not cover over the cross with the things of the world for WMB. Brother Bobby preached on "The Abundance of Rain" and then a historical church message from Brother Bear Wilda. It was great.

From there my craving for pizza was satisfied as Matthew took us to the Moose Tooth. I actually tasted Blackened Halibut pizza (out of obedience to my overseer to be *smile*). Girls your mom actually didn't mind it, that is until I took the bite that had a lot of black pepper and started choking *fire, fire* grin. Would I order it probably not. Oh and I had dried salmon (dad says mmmm good, mom gave it dad after two bites and asked for something to drink-its not for me).

This morning Brother Nowling and I will be teaching an abbreviated SS lesson (Brother Nowling the junior boys and I everyone else...the boys are excited). And then we have the overseers annual address and then (no turning back now) the appointments. The afternoon they're grilling salmon and other things and then Brother Nowling will be on to preach and then back on the plane.

We'll need the prayers to go up that we have problems going home. Things look better by far then coming, but anything can change.

Oh by the way Brother Bobby has made a great friend of Sister Grant's mother and her cane. He got a cane whipping. He just doesn't know how to behave himself *lol*.

Well I've got to get ready for church we love you all. Please keep the prayers coming. The next we post (other then pictures) we'll be when we get home (I should say back to Wisconsin. It will not be hard to call Anchorage home in the near future).

God bless.

Once again apologies for any errors, I'm not going to take the time to preview.

0 comments: