Saturday, June 03, 2006

We Made It, God is Soooo Good

After a smooth but tiring drive to Chicago, a rough flight from Chicago (I even got nauseated it was so rough), a long day going from gate to gate trying to get to Anchorage, we finally got the idea to try through Juneau (which was a good thing because the Chicago airport pulled the wrong ticket so if we would've gotten the opportunity to get on the plane, we would have been turned around because of the tickets). When I went to change the desination they caught it. Juneau was worth the wait and so was the flight. It is gorgeous. I am in awe.

In the airport as I would begin to doubt and then the Lord would reprimand me and I would repent (literally) and we got the Chicago flight. I was expecting my faith to be tested in Seattle, but when we switched to Juneau and we just barely missed getting on the first flight, the doubting started again, so did the reprimand and my repentence. Then we got the 2nd flight (it beat the first Juneau) and my heart was and is soooooo full of awe and love for my God. We never come to a place that faith is not needed. Both Brother Nowling and I agreed it was, and is worth it. He did fine on the flights. This really has helped him as to get used to flying.

We got into Anchorage about 9:30 am (Brother Bobbie got into Anchorage bout 2 pm) and we see mountains everywhere. As we stood curbside and Brother Grant pulled up, and I was talking to Jessa, I got the privilege of seeing a bear *grin* Brother Wilda was getting out the car and heard me and his eyes got real big and he asked where and I pointed to him *smiling real big* and the bear reach out and gave me a big bear hug.

We got to see earthquake park and The Sleepy Lady mountain. Once again, WOW!

Then the service last night the Lord confirmed in us that this will be our "family". Everything flowed together. Present Sister Rebekkah Doran and her 3 kids, Sister Connie Peter, Micah Peter, Josh and Jacob Grant, Tim Osborne, Larry Walloya, and his mother, the Mojin's, Cody, Brother Sutton, Brother Wilda, and Brother Nowling and myself (we got to see Matthew Peter when we went to eat. It had been a long time.)

I was on to sing and Jenna had asked me to sing "Through It All" and felt "The Blood Will never lose it's Power." Brother Bobbie worked with me and I decided to do both and they flowed well together. Brother Tim and Sis Mojin were both on before me and I knew that I was doing right by doing both as they both fit. I sang (my voice was really rough with my allergies, even up here. I think it's the cotton) I asked they close their eyes and listen to the words and the Holy Ghost swept through the place and a message and interpretation -the jest of it of it was that the Lord has things ahead for us that we are not aware of and that we must stay faithful. Brother Grant boosted CPMA about us being MARKED for the Gospel sake and then Brother Wilda preached inspiring message.

To top off the night Brother Nowling drove Josh Grant's Eclipse to the restaurant after church and then get this, he was brave enough to let me drive it to Walmart and home (Brother Nowling was too chicken to ride with us though). I did just fine driving the five speed. Right Josh and Micah? *smile-be honest*.

One last comment here. It never got dark last night. It was midnight at Walmart and it looked like about 8 pm at home and the town was busier then ever. I had to keep looking at my watch to remind me the time, otherwise I found myself wanting to stay up because I don't sleep during the day *shakes head, unreal*. I slept great as the windows were covered in the trailer house. So all is well.

I'll try to post again tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully we can Micah to post some of the pictures. I'm sure Brother Nowling will keep on him until he does *smile*.

Love ya all and thanks for the prayers.

I apologize if there are any errors I don't have time to preview. I hope it wasn't too long.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

What a wonderful update! Praise the Lord for His goodness! Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Juls4Him said...

I was so glad to see this post and how the Lord blessed. I just KNEW He was going to come through for you! I know you were tired but the joy of having Him work things out that seem impossible always overcomes the tired. And it sounds like the Lord went right with you and met with you in the services already. Praise His Wonderful name! Keep the pictures coming too!