Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Camp and doing what's best for everyone!

I have huge decision to make by Thursday...do we have youth camp this year? We currently have 35 campers and staff. We have to pay per cabin used, a daily campground fee, and for the food. It's looking like some of those 35 may not be able to attend. We have a real skeleton staff. I had two different evangelists scheduled and both had to back out so I will have to be the evangelist. I argued with the Lord on that at first, and then the three nights message topics and text scriptures were given to me.

I want to do what's best for our youth and keep what's easiest for me out of it. I don't even know what I want to do, let alone what God wants us to do. I spoke to our pastors (and our overseer, as he is also a pastor) last night. They know I am sitting at the edge of having to cancel. They have left it up to me (thanks a lot). I will wait to hear their results of talking to their young people after their services on Wednesday night and Thursday I will make the decision.

Finances play such a major role in everyone's going. But they've known about it for a whole year. But finances even play a big role for our family too. But finances play a role for the camp fund too. But souls are more important. But we're suppose to be good stewards of our our money (and I carry that into the church's money big time). But can we make an eternal difference on souls.

Sister Smith thank you for your words. I am now praying without ceasing as this dilemma is not far from my mind these days, no matter what I'm doing. Lord, help me make the right decision. And if any of you youth read my blog. Feel free to share your thoughts.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

That is a heavy weight upon your shoulders but thank God that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Let Him carry it and I know that He will give you the wisdom that you need to make the decision. Praying for you!

Momma Tammi said...

I love your new background. Absolutely beautiful!

I was just reading the comment that you left on Sis. Smith's blog about not being as domestic or crafty as others. It reminded me of a time when I just felt like I couldn't live up to what other's did, as far as being a minister's wife. I finally realized that I don't have to be AS domesticated as Sis. Smith or AS vocally talented as Sis. Shuler or AS creative as Sis. Otterbacher, I just have to be willing to be used of God and have a heart to minister. That is ALL that matters. It isn't our abilities but our availability that He wants. Just wanted to encourage you to be WHAT God wants you to be and not what you think you should be in comparison to others. Love you!

J Nowling said...

God showed me that the first year we pastored. It was even more difficult because we are both ministers. To find that "proper" place was a challenge and then I've watched the Lord over the years make the two of us a team. Complementing each other. If the Lord gives me the opportunity some time I'll share with you the year I was the pastor...unforgettable lessons as a minister and as a woman, wife and mother.

I also know because the church here in Menomonie is so small, I haven't had the opportunities to do things that challenge me like I need, although regional work has given me outlet, it's not the same.

Alaska will allow me to use some the skills (none of which come naturally) that have laid dormant over the last several years. Especially considering the guys out number the girls.

Once again I don't know if anything makes sense. I have learned to be happy who God made me **pouts*** but it doesn't mean I don't get a little envious at times. But honestly not in a bad way.

PS The background is Duluth, MN where we spent 6 years. A beautiful place that reminds us alot of what Anchorage sounds like.

Momma Tammi said...

I'll look forward to you sharing. I cannot imagine pastoring as a woman plus being a wife and mother, what a job! I guess it is human to sometimes wish we were more like so-and-so, but God has made us who He wants us to be and given us all so many different talents and abilities. I guess that is why He places each of us in the body as He sees fit, because we might always want to be what someone else is otherwise. ~smile~