Saturday, June 24, 2006

Rain Held Off just long enough

Well the rain held off until this evening, which was just perfect. Last weekend we needed it to hold off for our thrift sale and the Drum and Bugle Corp competition. From Wednesday through today as you've already heard through Jenna's blog and my previous posting, the Optimist Club (which raises funds for youth scholarships, and youth community projects) hosted a Million Dollar Shoot Out.The newspaper I work at was a major sponsor and I'm a board member of the Optimist Club so I worked the shoot out (Jenna helped out alot also) during company time and on my own. Any way we had a lot of time and money invested in this and we needed the rain to hold off just a little longer. We had a short storm pass over to drench about noon for about 20 minutes, but then the sun came out and it was beautiful for the rest of the shoot out. About an hour after we done it began to pour and storm. So all was good there. Except no one won any big money, although we did have two hole in ones during the qualifying round.

I have seen enough of a golf course to last me the rest of the year though. I felt like it became my first home this week. It was a good break for me though. This next week I have to get back to packing as my brother is coming next Saturday to pick up the stuff he's buying. He was going to come today but I wouldn't have time to spend with him and neither would the girls or Jody so PTL he's coming next Saturday instead. I am so thankful as I really do want to have time to spend with him.

Well I need to go pick up my husband from work. Jessa took him and I'm picking him up. All a part of the juggling of cars.

Have a great Sunday.

1 comments:

J Nowling said...

Thank you Sister Smith, I sooooo wish it was all behind us. But we need the time to raise some money so at the same time I'm greatful we have the time.